Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Goodbye President Mathusek

Hello there! This past week has been alright, I think the most exciting thing that happened was when Elder Warwood barely bumped the other Elder's brand new car and left a nickel sized scratch, so we had to spend a lot of our day doing an accident report and emailing some pictures and what-not to the mission office.

But we did have a baptism in our district and concerning our goal to double baptisms...it was down to the wire, the AP's were txting us everytime we had a baptism this weekend and we needed about 20 to get 634, exactly double the amount of baptisms the mission had the year before President Mathusek came to Georgia and our final count was exactle 634! We were pretty darn excited for that!

We had a big mission get together on Monday to say goodbye to President Mathusek and it was really good to see all of the other missionaries I knew there from the MTC and then of course to be able to talk to Elder Cooper and see how things were back in Dallas. It was kinda weird though, because even though its only been 3 or 4 weeks since we served together it was just weird, I don't really know how to explain it, but it just wasn't the same as in our glory days together, but it was still good just not the same. Hes a really awesome guy. I could never say enough for the awesome example he set for me and all the hard work we were able to accomplish.

This week should be really good for Elder Warwood and I, we found a couple of people to teach on Monday and we just went on splits last night and will be going on splits tomorrow night. Our Ward mission leader is really awesome as well, he has been pushing us pretty good to get things going which is what we need I am super thankful for him as well. And I am also thankful for my family being able to support me in everywhich way, thank you! Well that is my report for this week and I hope you guys have a good week as well!
-Elder Edwards

No comments:

Post a Comment